Problems with <codeEntityReference> in MAML

Topics: User Forum
Dec 18, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Hello,
i have some Problem with <codeEntityReference> in Maml. Most of my methodes works fine, but some don't work.

One Methode, that is not working, is following:

NativeMethods. AdiLockPanel Method
Namespace: BR.Adi.Interop
public static bool AdiLockPanel(
 bool panelLock,
 PanelLockMode mode
)
PanelLockMode is a public Enum:
Namespace: BR.Adi.Interop
public enum PanelLockMode


My MAML Code:
<codeEntityReference qualifyHint="false">M:BR.Adi.Interop.NativeMethods.AdiLockPanel(System.Boolean, BR.Adi.Interop.PanelLockMode)</codeEntityReference>


Error message of Sandcastle:
Warn: ResolveReferenceLinksComponent2: [3c22bf46-1df2-4f56-aa03-83833539918a] Unknown reference link target 'M:BR.Adi.Interop.NativeMethods.AdiLockPanel(System.Boolean, BR.Adi.Interop.PanelLockMode)'.
Warn: ResolveReferenceLinksComponent2: [3c22bf46-1df2-4f56-aa03-83833539918a] Invalid reference link target 'M:BR.Adi.Interop.NativeMethods.AdiLockPanel(System.Boolean, BR.Adi.Interop.PanelLockMode)'.


I don't know, what I did wrong. Can someone see my misstake?

Best regards


Manuel

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Are the unknown reference IDs actually in an assembly included as a documentation source?  If they're only included as part of a reference assembly, there's nothing to which it can link as no topic will have been generated for it.  Also, the containing class of the member needs to be public unless you've enabled the Document Internals and/or Document Privates project properties.

Eric

 

Dec 19, 2012 at 5:01 AM

Good morning Eric,

thank you for your quick answer. Yes, the assembly is also included in the documentation and it is a public static function, also the enum is public.

Can I send you the chm file via E-Mail? I think so its easier to find the failure.

Manuel

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2012 at 4:25 PM

If you can create an example project that demonstrates the problem and send it to me that would be better as then I can build it and see what's going on.

Eric

 

Dec 21, 2012 at 5:51 AM

Hi Eric,

I sent you the project over our IRIS system to your mail address. I hope you will receive the mail.

Manuel

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Sorry for the delay in replying.  I took a look at the project and found the issue.  The problem here is that the ID values must match exactly including the spacing.  In your case, you appear to have entered them by hand or adjusted the formatting to include a space after the comma in the parameter list of the member IDs.  This causes a mismatch in the ID resulting in the unknown/invalid link messages.  Removing the extra spaces in the affected links will fix the issue.

Eric

 

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:34 AM

No problem. Today it is my first day at work in this year. I was also on christmas holidays.
Thank you for your support. The spaces were the problem. Now everthing works fine. :-)

Manuel