Additional Content linking and the TOC

Topics: User Forum
Jan 25, 2007 at 5:43 PM
I have a link in one of my Additional Content pages to another Additional Conent page like this:

<a href="..\Integration Services.htm">Integration Services</a>

However, the final HTML in my CHM file has been changed to say:

<a href="..\Integration%20Services.htm">Integration Services</a>

When I click on the link, it shows the page fine, but it does not sync the TOC to the topic associated with that page. If I remove the space from the filename, everything works fine (maybe because the href doesn't change?). Note that this html file also shares the same name as its folder, so that may have something to do with it.

Thanks,
Ross
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2007 at 7:56 PM
It seems to be a "feature" of the HTML Help 1 compiler. It converts the spaces in the URLs to "%20" in the compiled version of the page. If you try and put the "%20" in the TOC entry, it seems to generate the file correctly and does sync correctly. However, the help compiler generates an error because it removes the "%20" from the filename for something it does. The help file builder sees the error and considers the build failed so that doesn't help much. The website output has a similar issue. It won't synch to the topic with the space in the URL but if you add the "%20" it still doesn't synch because it converts it back to a space internally.

Eric