Adding Two API Content Sets to Same Project

Topics: Developer Forum
Aug 9, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Edited Aug 9, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Hello, I'm currently building an SDK project which has the full documentation of my product in addition to API Class Libraries documentation. The thing is that I have two sets of class libraries, one for Client API and the other is for Server (Component Model) APIs. I couldnt find a way through SHFB to add two API Contents, I could only assign all the api documentation references under one node. is there a way to split the content, Client API documentation under one node and server API documentation under another in the TOC?

Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2012 at 7:15 PM

For Help 1, Help 2, and website output, there isn't currently a way to do that.  I have been sent a plug-in that may enable that and I'll see if I can get it into the next release of SHFB.  For MS Help Viewer output, you can control where the content is parented so it is possible to achieve that.  One project would contain both parent MAML topics with one of them marked as the API content insertion point for that project.  The second project would just contain the API content for the other API and would set the MS Help Viewer TocParentId project property to the topic ID GUID of the parent MAML topic in the first project.

Eric

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Thanks a lot for the info Eric. Can you please pass on the source code of the plugin if possible, I could make use of it, meanwhile you publish it in the next release.