Partially Trusted Callers

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 30, 2008 at 2:16 PM
Edited Oct 30, 2008 at 2:18 PM
Hello,
I am running into a security issue when I build using SandcastleBuilderConsole from a network share. It fails with the message "Assembly does not allow partially trusted callers."

Has anyone else seen this?

I am running SHFB v 1.6.04 (cannot upgrade at this time) on a 64-bit XP box. My runtime policy settings are set to Full Trust for intranet.

thanks,
Dianne
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2008 at 7:37 PM
Does it tell you which assembly is not allowing partially trusted callers?

Eric
Oct 30, 2008 at 8:37 PM
Here is the msg I get

Unhandled Exception: System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not a
llow partially trusted callers.
   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Assembly a
sm, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, Secur
ityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed)
   at SandcastleBuilder.ConsoleMode.SandcastleBuilderConsole.Main(String[] args)

The action that failed was:
LinkDemand
The assembly or AppDomain that failed was:
SandcastleBuilderConsole, Version=1.6.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e3241
420b458e6b1
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
Intranet

Sep 30, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Could someone help me ?

Thanks!!!!

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2010 at 3:11 PM

What version are you using?  Are you running it from a network share or your local hard drive?

Eric

Oct 5, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Hi,

SHFB 1.9.1.0

I'm running Sandcastle  from a network share,

using a bat file with msbuild.exe tool.

Thanks for your help

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2010 at 7:24 PM

From what I've read, if you're using .NET 3.5 SP1, you should be able to run .NET apps off of a network share since they removed that restriction in SP1.  If not, then I think the caspol tool can be used to grant it permission.  I'm not sure of the details so you'll have to go looking for them.

Eric