SHFB can't find one of four namespaces in an assembly

Topics: User Forum
Oct 25, 2008 at 2:56 AM
I've defined four namespaces in an assembly. SHFB can only find four of them, despite all four being visibly present in the assembly's XML file.

What trouble-shooting steps should I take? 
Oct 25, 2008 at 4:24 AM
The missing namespace shares a file with a child namespace. I've split them into separate files. I can now see both of them in the SHFB GUI's “Namespaces” dialog. I've checked both the namespaces in SHFB GUI, triple-checked the information in the XML file…

… and the missing namespace is still missing in the output help file.

A clean and rebuild of the solution doesn't help. Wiping Help\* doesn't help. Using the command line builder doesn't help. 

I'm open to suggestions. 
Coordinator
Oct 25, 2008 at 4:31 AM
Do the other namespaces contain public classes?  If they are private or internal, they won't show up unless you set DocumentPrivates and/or DocumentInternals project properties to true.  Also, do you really mean four namespaces or do you mean four classes?  If classes, are they in a namespace?  If not explicity placed in a namespace, they go into the global namespace which is excluded by default.

Eric
Oct 25, 2008 at 5:18 AM
Thankyou! I'd forgotten to set the class visibility, and DocumentInternals will come in very handy for our in-team documentation.