Command line scripts

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Oct 21, 2008 at 10:34 AM
Edited Oct 21, 2008 at 10:35 AM
I want to run Sandcastle Help File Builder using batch file. When I install SHFB in default folder I can run  it using following script:
"%Program Files%\EWSoftware\Sandcastle Help File Builder\SandcastleBuilderConsole" @Help.config
If I install it in other folder than default for example: c:\ Sandcastle Help File Builder\
I need to use this path in batch file.
How can I create scrip that runs SandcastleBuilderConsole from any location. Sandcastle have %DXROOT% and we can use it creating scripts. I can create manual %SHFB% for Sandcastle Help File Builder path, but I need to create it on all machines I want to install Sandcastle Help File Builder. Is possible to add some variable to system when I install Sandcastle Help File Builder. It would be much easier to create batch files.
Coordinator
Oct 21, 2008 at 4:12 PM
Edited Oct 21, 2008 at 4:13 PM
Version 1.7.0.0 and earlier do not create any sort of environment variable to locate the tools.  The latest alpha release (1.8.0.0) does create a SHFBROOT environment variable that must exist and the projects use it to locate the targets file and build tasks.  Note that the latest release is a major update and converts the project to an MSBuild format.  Since MSBuild is used, the console mode builder has gone away too and MSBuild is used instead which is found in the .NET Framework folder.

Eric