wildcards in mrefbuilder

Topics: User Forum
Jan 22, 2007 at 5:37 PM
Hello, the mrefbuilder allows wildcards such as:

This allows you then to say create the help for all dll's in a specified directory.

Is this possible with Help File Builder?

Better yet is it possible to say:

From here your help file builder only picks up assemblies that have xml files and creates the docs for them...

Thank you and great tool btw...

Jan 22, 2007 at 10:20 PM
The files are listed individually. When you click the Add button, you can pick multiple assemblies and/or XML files and it will add them to the list in one shot. As long as the pair are named after each other, it will pick up the other file based on the one you select.

Jan 23, 2007 at 4:29 PM
Hello Eric, Thank you for the reply...

My apologies I was not clear in my email as to my question.

I would like to be able to do what the add button does in the GUI but from the SandcastleBuilderConsole application instead.

From my continuous build, I would like the SandcastleBuilderConsole to point to a directory with a wildcard search expression:

And given a sfhb file create help for all the assemblies it finds in that directory

My problem is that I do not want to hard code the list of assemblies into the sfhb project file. So when I execute SandcastleBuilderConsole I want it to dynamically add the assemblies...

Any thoughts...

Thank you,

Jan 23, 2007 at 5:13 PM
The next release supports project options as command line options. It doesn't support wildcards yet for the assembly option but I'll make the change to support them.

Jan 23, 2007 at 5:17 PM
Nice... Thank you... I will stop my changes to the console and wait for the release.