Details in namespace summaries

Oct 8, 2008 at 2:54 PM
Edited Oct 8, 2008 at 2:55 PM

I have a problem with the auto generated toc for namespace summary. the toc will list all content inside the namespace, thats pretty fine, but in my case, the details are too high. the classes that listened in the namespace summary are completly documented with <example>, <code> and so on. Is there a way, to hide these section in the summary? I only want to show these tags when you want to see the class itself. I also was unable to find the layout control for namespace summary.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards
Oct 8, 2008 at 3:09 PM

It sounds like you put <example> tags within the <summary> tags.  That would explain why the examples are showing up on the namespace list/class member pages.  If so, move your examples outside the <summary> tags.  Summary elements should only contain brief descriptions.  More detailed descriptions can go in the <remarks> elements.  <example> tags are also top-level tags so they really shouldn't be nested inside of anything else.

I don't understand what you mean by the "layout control for the namespace summary".  If you mean you want to add comments for the namespaces, use the Namespace Summaries button to the left of the Assemblies to Document list.  You can also use a NamespaceDoc class in your code or a separate XML comments file.   See the help file for details on how to do that.  If you mean you want to change how the API topics are actually layed out and alter their formatting, you'll need to take a look at the XSL transformations supplied with Sandcastle.  These can be found in the .\Presentation folder under C:\Program Files\Sandcastle.

Oct 14, 2008 at 8:23 AM
Cool, now its working fine!

Thank you very much Eric!