Cannot delete read-only files in CleanIntermediates step

Topics: User Forum
Jan 17, 2007 at 8:43 PM

I am running the help file builder console from Team Build on the build server.

I added a logo file using the post-transform component. The image file is part of my Visual Studio solution file. Because of this, when it gets pulled from source control, it is read only. So when the CleanIntermediates step executes, it fails because it cannot delete the image file.

Seems like this is a bug, but are there any other solutions to this (other than placing the image somewhere else on my build server, not in source control)?
Jan 17, 2007 at 9:25 PM
I started thinking that, since this is running on a build server, Team Build will delete all the intermediate files for me before the next build, since the help files are built within the source tree. So I just set the CleanIntermediates property to false. Now the Help File Builder does not attempt to delete the intermediate files, so my build completes successfully.

Still - it would be nice if the program was able to delete read-only files (especially since I can't build docs locally unless I modify the file attributes of the logo image.)
Jan 18, 2007 at 3:31 PM
Thanks for the report. I've fixed it so that it turns off the attributes in the build component like it does when copying additional content files in the main build engine.