Assembly Reference unresolved

Topics: User Forum
Jun 4, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Dear,

I'm using Sandcastle Help File Builder 1.9.4.0 and the project is using .net framework 4.0 in Visual Studio 2010.

I saw many posts about assemblies unresolved, but i think none of them explain or solve my problem. I'm using a third component (dll) in the project and i'm not able to build the help file. I did a small project to understand why sandcastle could not build the help file.

I'm building a c# windows form project (maybe it does not matter) and i added a project lib to "References" tab in Sandcastle. I also added in "Documentation Source" the .exe and .xml. Unfortunatly, I was not able to add the solution (sln).

I think this is all that i need do, but i'm still getting the error below:

Generating reflection information...

Info: Loaded 1 assemblies for reflection and 1 dependency assemblies.
MREFBUILDER : error : Unresolved assembly reference: Awesomium.Core (Awesomium.Core, Version=1.6.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e1a0d7c8071a5214) required by teste 

Do you know how can I solve it?

Best regards and sorry for my poor english.

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM

In fact, the problem occurs when I use an  object of assembly as variable member in the project.

private WebView webview;

I hope it can be useful.

Thanks again.

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2012 at 6:01 PM

If it's referenced in the project you are using as a documentation source, it should find it automatically.  If not, you may have to add the missing assembly as an explicit reference to the SHFB project though that should be a rare occurrence.  One issue that can cause a missing reference exception is when the assembly referenced by the project is newer than the reference assembly used by the project.  Typically, this occurs when a dependency assembly uses an older version but your project uses a newer one (i.e. DepA.dll uses v1.0.0.0 but you are using v1.0.0.1).  If that's the case, add the Assembly Binding Redirection plug-in to the project and redirect the older version number (1.6.6.0) to the newer version number.

Eric

Jun 4, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Eric,

Now, I have referenced the project solution as a documentation source.

I have referenced the lib in "References" item in Project Explorer too.

Unfortunatly, using explicit reference or not i did not have luck building the help file.

We are not using diferent libs and the lib is also registered in GAC with the same version.

Do you have any other suggestion?