Some topics get created but some do not

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
May 9, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Hi,

I've got an issue with one particular assembly where some of the classes/methods get topics generated but others will not. I can't see anything obviously wrong with the comments file. See the link below for the xml file and screenshot of the generated web content:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=AAD9BF93550C70C7&id=AAD9BF93550C70C7%21124#cid=AAD9BF93550C70C7&id=AAD9BF93550C70C7%21124

Does anyone have ideas what might be wrong? Where could I start debugging SHFB to work out why I get some topics but not others?

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

Coordinator
May 9, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Are the missing classes and members private or internal?  If so, that's why.  SHFB only documents public classes and members by default.  If you want the private and internal members documented, you need to enable the related properties in the Visibility catagory of project properties.

Eric

May 10, 2012 at 9:12 AM

No, the classes/members I am after are all public.

I did a bit more digging and found out that we have two assemblies which define classes in the same namespace with the same class names but the root namespace differs only in case. For example:

foo.bar.Class and Foo.Bar.Class

Not ideal, but there you go.

When the "NamingMethod" is set to "MemberName" this appears to cause as clash and I end up with these dodgy ToC entries with N:, T: and M: prefixes that don't link anywhere. Changing the "NamingMethod" to "Guid" sorts it out though

Hope this helps someone else.

Mike.