vs2010 style not working on build machine

Topics: Developer Forum
May 9, 2012 at 3:27 AM

When using the vs2010 presentation style on my build machine, the chm file is generated, but it is completely unstyled, and thus almost illegible. I have Visual Studio installed there and copied the dev10.mshc file during the SHFB installation process. I can execute the exact same shfbproj file on my dev workstation and it comes out looking nice. I have the very latest version of SHFB installed.

This is the only error (warning) in the log on the server. I do not have this warning on my dev workstation

Warn: BrandingComponent: XSLT compile error. at file:///D:/Installations/Sandcastle/Docs/Working/branding/branding-en-us.xslt 18 18

What can I do to get this working on my build server (Windows Server 2008 64Bit)?

May 9, 2012 at 7:12 PM

The error message doesn't look complete.  Is there anything missing from the message you posted?

May 9, 2012 at 9:17 PM

No, that really is the whole warning. I am guessing the "18 18" is line and position numbers?

Here is a screenshot of the log output with the warning

May 15, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I also have this issue, it may be an issue with dev10.mshc file not being copied to the output directory? If I keep intermediate files it seems that the dev10.mshc file is not copied over to the working branding directory, if that matters. But I receive the same warning as well as a completely un-formatted help page. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

May 16, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Does the dev10.mshc file exist in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Sandcastle\Presentation\VS2010\Branding folder?  If not, you may have skipped the step in the guided installation that copies it for you.  Are there any warnings or errors in the log that indicate that copying the branding content failed during the build?

May 16, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Yes, it contains the dev10.mshc file at that local, also I get the same warning as posted above "Warn: BrandingComponent: XSLT compile error. at file:///C:/.../Documentation/Help/Working/branding/branding-en-us.xslt 18 18".  I am using the Visual Studio 2010 plugin for my project, if that matters.

May 16, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Yes, I verified that the dev10.mshc file was copied during the install process.

Jul 19, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Hello, i get the exact same behavior.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem yet?

Jul 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM

I have not been able to duplicate the issue and nobody else has posted a solution yet either.  I do have some pending changes to make to the presentation style but I'm not sure they will have any effect on this particular issue.  It's possible it's project specific.  Can you create a small test project that duplicates the issue and send it to me?  My e-mail address is in the footer of the pages in the help file and in the About box in the standalone GUI.

Aug 8, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I had to reinstall windows for unrelated reasons, and now i can't reproduce the issue.

thanks for the help anyhow