Hi

I made my xml style comments like so.

/// <summary>
        /// stuff here
        /// <remarks>
        ///     <authors id="123" email="32@hotmail.com">chobo2</authors>
        /// </remarks>
        /// </summary>

I used sandCastle Help builder file to make it into a chm file. However I noticed that the tags that I made up such as "authors" or attrubues stuck as "id and email" don't show up. I don't know why.

Any ideas?

Coordinator
Sep 11, 2008 at 1:32 AM
Sandcastle only processes a specific set of XML comments tags.  See the XML Comments Guide for the list.  To implement support for your own custom tags, you need to modify the Sandcastle transformations.  See this blog entry for information:  http://blogs.msdn.com/sandcastle/archive/2006/11/22/supporting-custom-tags-in-sandcastle.aspx

Eric
Sep 11, 2008 at 4:11 AM
Edited Sep 11, 2008 at 4:38 AM
Ah ok that makes sense.

So how would I change the author tag to have those attributes? Would it look like this?

<xsl:template match="author">
        <xsl:call-template name="section">
      <xsl:with-param name="toggleSwitch" select="'author'"/>
            <xsl:with-param name="id"><include item="id" /></xsl:with-param>
            <xsl:with-param name="content"><xsl:apply-templates /></xsl:with-param>
            <xsl:with-param name="email"><include item="email" /></xsl:with-param>
            <xsl:with-param name="content"><xsl:apply-templates /></xsl:with-param>
        </xsl:call-template>
    </xsl:template>

What I have is not working. I don't get the tutorial first there are 3 of these files "main_sandcastle.xsl"

So I am not sure which one I should be doing the editing in. Then ontop of it the tutorial really only shows how to do tags without attributes in them and I don't even fully understand that.
Sep 11, 2008 at 5:52 AM
Edited Sep 11, 2008 at 5:56 AM
Ok

I figured out how to do the one from the tutorial and which file to use but I still can't get a custom attribute in it. like I can't get the Id or email attributes to show up in author.
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Since this is specific to Sandcastle, please post over in the Discussion area in the Sandcastle project as you'll get a wider audience and somebody that's done it before may be able to help you out.  Thanks.

Eric