Integrated SHFB fails on <code source> tags

Topics: User Forum
Mar 22, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Edited Mar 22, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I can build .CHM fine from the standalone, but when using the integrated version against the same project, it fails when looking for any file specified with the <code source> tag.

According to the log file, it is interjecting the directory where the SHFB project is located at the start of the path to the example directory and therefore looking in a nonexistent directory.

VS2010 SP1 / SHFB v1.9.3.4 Beta 2

Here is the .shfbproj if it is of any help:

http://kwcombinatorics.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/73367#1314169

Any ideas?

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Your problem is that your Visual Studio solution is using a different SHFB project that is one sub-folder down from the SHFB project I assume you are using for the standalone GUI.  Since source paths are relative to the SHFB project folder at build time, they are one level too far down to be resolved correctly.  Since the standalone GUI and Visual Studio can share the same project, I'd get rid of the Doc01\ folder and add the KWCombinatorics.shfbproj to your solution file.  That way, the paths will resolve correctly whether using the standalong GUI or Visual Studio.  If you do want to move the SHFB project into a sub-folder, you'll need to update the source attribute paths to include a leading "..\" so that it goes up one level from the project folder to find the examples folder.

Eric

Mar 22, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Yeah, the standalone was in the root, the integrated project was in the Doc01 folder.  I put the VS project in a folder because that was the default behavior of creating a new SHFB project.

Yup, I shoulda just added existing project for the standalone in the root.  That fixed it since paths are relative to the .shfbproj and not the solution (my misassumption).  Works now, thanks!