Problem with multiple AdditionalContent files and the "see" tag

Topics: User Forum
Jan 8, 2007 at 10:07 PM
First off, I want to say that this is a great piece of software that has saved me lots of time.

In my project, I have multiple custom HTML pages that I include using the AddiotonalContent feature of SandcastleBuilder. Each custom html page has a "<see cref='SomeClassName'>". The first custom HTML page correctly converts the "see" tag to an anchor tag such as: "<a href='..\..\html\someguid.html'>" where someguid is the generated guid for the class. But, for the 2nd custom HTML page, the cref in the "see" tag gets converted to "..\..\..\..\html\some_guid.html" (it pre-pended an additional "..\..\"). So, for every additional file, an additional "..\..\" is pre-pended (so for the 10th file, the relative path is attempting to traverse up 20 directories (when it should only traverse up two directories).

When I attempt to build, the hhc.exe process generates an access violation exception.

Let me know if you need an example and I can send you one.

Jan 10, 2007 at 2:58 PM
I found and fixed the problem. The fix will be in the next release.

Jan 15, 2007 at 4:29 PM
Thanks for fixing it.

I finally created a sample project that reproduced the problem but I don't think you need it anymore (if you do need it, let me know and I can email it to you).