Conceptual Content Window - odd behavior

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Aug 13, 2008 at 3:32 PM
I successfully created some conceptual content within the conceptual content window a few weeks ago, but now when I try to edit these topics, or add new content (in any existing project or new project), the window opens, but with no real options - I cannot do anything except a code entity search or to go back to the SCHFB main window. The content menu has no options, nor do any of the other menus (except to do a code search or return to the main window). I've uninstalled and reinstalled Sandcastle, SCHFB, and the Sandcastle Styles - with no change in behavior. What's going on?!
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2008 at 7:14 PM
Edited Aug 14, 2008 at 1:58 AM
Sometimes the saved settings get corrupted.  You can delete the settings file to get it back to a default state.  It is usually located in a folder something like this on Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR_USER_ID]\Local Settings\Application Data\Eric_Woodruff\SandcastleBuilderGUI.exe_StrongName_gqtengn2jlefn1ou5yakbu434wdllx3h\1.7.0.0

On Vista, it's something like this:

C:\Users\[YOUR_USER_ID]\AppData\Local\Eric_Woodruff\SandcastleBuilderGUI.exe_StrongName_gqtengn2jlefn1ou5yakbu434wdllx3h\1.7.0.0

If possible, can you e-mail me the configuration file? I'd like to see if there's a way to detect the problem and just not load the window settings if they are bad.  My e-mail address is in the About box and in the footer of the pages in the help file.

Eric