Namespace Problem

Topics: User Forum
Jan 4, 2007 at 3:38 PM
I am getting the following error when attempting to view the "namespace selection" screen.

• Exception Text **************
System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Client.Wms.Csv.XML' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.
File name: 'C:\Client.Wms.Csv.XML'
at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.nGetFileInformation(String s)
at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.GetAssemblyName(String assemblyFile)
at SandcastleBuilder.Utils.Gac.AssemblyLoader.GetNamespaces(String assemblyFilename)
at SandcastleBuilder.Utils.Gac.AssemblyLoader.GetNamespaces(String assemblyFilename)
at SandcastleBuilder.NamespacesDlg.NamespacesDlg_Activated(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnActivated(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.set_Active(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmActivate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This .dll was made using .net compact framework. Im not sure if that matters or not. Thanks.
Coordinator
Jan 4, 2007 at 7:10 PM
The error is reference the XML comments file. You probably got the assembly and XML comments files backwards. Select it in the list box on the main form, click Edit, and put the filenames in the right place.

Eric
Jan 5, 2007 at 7:46 PM
I tried everything like that and for some reason it still would not recognize 2 of my .dll's i needed. So i went ahead and modified your code slightly so that even if it cannot find all dependencies, it will still add it to the list on possible namespaces. This way i was able to still create summaries and it worked well once the help file was compiled. I no longer have to see it say "Missing namespace summary documentation for N:Client.Wms.Csv" However i am still not sure why it does not like my .dll's or .xml files.

Still a great program though, it has made documentation life alot easier.

Thanks,

Mike