What can go in the <ProjectSummary> element?

Jul 28, 2008 at 7:35 PM
Is this element of the SHFB project used mainly for a static description of the classes/namespaces?
I'd like to provide a bit more background info/pre-amble in my project summary... maybe some class diagrams and links to the various namespaces.
I noticed that while I can put Html within the summary, I can't seem to put MAML elements such as:

<codeEntityReference>N:MyNamespace</codeEntityReference>

Is there a way to get around this?

Roger
Coordinator
Jul 28, 2008 at 8:26 PM

The Project Summary is like a namespace summary and is treated like XML comments.  In this case, it ends up on the namespace list page (the R:Project node in the reflection file) which I believe is the default page if no other default page is specified.  The Namespace List page is also accessible via a link in the topic headers in the Prototype style.  I don't think it's accessible via a link in the VS2005 and Hana styles.  The summary text can contain HTML and other XML comment tags such as <see>, <example>, <list>, etc.  To use MAML, add a conceptual topic via the ConceptualContent project property.  You can mark it as the default page so that it gets shown when the help file opens.  Based on what you want to do, it sounds like adding a conceptual topic is the better choice.

Eric