Website and ASP

Topics: User Forum
Jul 8, 2008 at 12:38 PM
Can the Website format be configured to avoid using ASP?

--

zipper
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2008 at 3:04 PM
Edited Jul 8, 2008 at 3:05 PM
Index.aspx uses ASP.NET.  Use Index.html and it will use a basic HTML page but it lacks the search and index features.  Select the "View Website (HTML)" option on the Documentation menu or the toolbar dropdown in the GUI if you want to use it during testing.

Eric
Jul 8, 2008 at 4:37 PM
OK. I deleted the *.aspx files and uploaded the remainder to my hosting account just to see what it looks like. See...

http://kowallekfamily.com/Help/Index.html

Everything looks fine when I view it locally (as a file: url) in my browser. But it looks like something is missing in the uploaded version. Any ideas?

--

zipper

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2008 at 7:18 PM
Edited Jul 8, 2008 at 7:18 PM

It looks like you've forgotten the standard stylesheet (Styles\presentation.css).  If you're using a non-IIS web server, it could be that your website is looking for filenames in a case-sensitive manner.  If you've got the option, turn off case-sensitivity.  Otherwise, you'll need to update the filenames to match how they are used.

Eric

Jul 8, 2008 at 10:07 PM
The problem was the case of Presentation.css. I renamed it in all the Sandcastle directories and rebuilt everything. Now all is right with the world. Maybe this should be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for your help!

--

zipper
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2008 at 11:47 PM
You can open a work item in the Sandcastle Project to report the problem.

Eric