Standalone Components with DocProject

Jun 26, 2008 at 6:12 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2008 at 6:18 PM
Eric,

I am trying to use your standalone build components with DocProject and I keep getting hit error.

Error 1 An error occured while initializing the build component 'SandcastleBuilder.Components.CodeBlockComponent' in the component assembly 'C:\Program Files\EWSoftware\Sandcastle Help File Builder\SandcastleBuilder.Components.dll'. The error message and stack trace follows: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: You must specify a 'copyImage' attribute on the <colorizer> element.
   at SandcastleBuilder.Components.CodeBlockComponent..ctor(BuildAssembler assembler, XPathNavigator configuration)  

then

Error 2 The type 'SandcastleBuilder.Components.CodeBlockComponent' was not found in the component assembly 'C:\Program Files\EWSoftware\Sandcastle Help File Builder\SandcastleBuilder.Components.dll'.  

then

Error 3 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  

(I assume errors 2 & 3 are caused by Error 1)

Here is the config entry (in sandcastle.help1x.config for DocProject)

<!--

SHFB Code Block Component.--> 
 <
component type="SandcastleBuilder.Components.CodeBlockComponent" assembly="C:\Program Files\EWSoftware\Sandcastle Help File Builder\SandcastleBuilder.Components.dll"
<
languageFilter value="true" /> 
<
colorizer syntaxFile="C:\Program Files\EWSoftware\Sandcastle Help File Builder\Colorizer\highlight.xml"
styleFile="C:\Program Files\EWSoftware\Sandcastle Help File Builder\Colorizer\highlight.xsl" 
copyImageURL="../icons/CopyCode.gif" language="vb" numberLines="false" outlining="false" keepSeeTags="false" tabSize="0" defaultTitle="true" /></component>

Coordinator
Jun 26, 2008 at 7:33 PM

XML is case-sensitive.  Change "copyImageURL" to "copyImageUrl" and it should work.

Eric

Jun 26, 2008 at 8:28 PM
Yes, that is true. sometimes you just need another set of eyes.

Thanks, Eric.
Jun 27, 2008 at 8:26 AM

EWoodruff wrote:

XML is case-sensitive.  Change "copyImageURL" to "copyImageUrl" and it should work.

Eric

Eric,

Still I can't add the SandcastleBuilder.Components.dll' to the Build Componment Stack for the DocProject. There is an error that "One or more of the selected assemblies could not be inspected due to the following error: Unable to load one or more of the requested type. Retrieve the LoaderException property for more information".

Where can i get the detail steps to add it correctly? Thank you in advance

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2008 at 3:11 PM
Edited Jun 27, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Sorry, but since I don't use or support DocProject, I can't say why it isn't working.  Other people have gotten it to work though.  Ask over in the DocProject site about integrating third party build components into its config files.

Eric

Jun 28, 2008 at 1:39 AM

EWoodruff wrote:

Sorry, but since I don't use or support DocProject, I can't say why it isn't working.  Other people have gotten it to work though.  Ask over in the DocProject site about integrating third party build components into its config files.

Eric

Thank you, Eric, I will have a try
Jul 1, 2008 at 6:05 PM
I get this message too, but it is imtermittent. I do not believe it has anything to do with Eric's code. I copied the component files into the ProductionTools folder of Sandcastle and it went away but then returned. One day on my work PC it was working fine and the next it came back. I will see if Dave over @ DocProject has any ideas.