Including SHFBProject in a VSIX

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 8, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I have a vsix multi-project package which creates a number of related csharp class library projects, and I've added a shfbproject to it. When I run the vsix in the experimental vs instance, I get the following dialog when the shfbproject wizard finishes looping through the ShouldAddProjectItem method...

A problem was encountered creating the sub project 'AP.DOC'. The template specified cannot be found. Please check that the full path is correct.

The wizard never gets to the ProjectFinishedGenerating method or the RunFinished method.   

I've checked all the relevant files, and they are all there and seem to be in perfect order.  I did notice that in the source solution that I exported the shfbproject from, the shfbproject had a different guid than the csharp projects.  The guid for the csharp projects is listed in the main ProjectTemplate.csproj

<ProjectTypeGuids>{82b43b9b-a64c-4715-b499-d71e9ca2bd60};{FAE04EC0-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}</ProjectTypeGuids>

whereas the guid for the shfbproject is not.  I tried adding it in, but then the ProjectTemplate.csproj wouldn't load into the solution.

I know I must be missing something and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Coordinator
Feb 9, 2012 at 2:51 AM

When running the experimental instance, I think you'll find that all add-ins and extensions but the one you are testing are disabled.  If you go to Tools | Extension Manager you'll see that they are grayed out.  That's what I noticed when testing the SHFB package.  Selecting them shows a button to enable them so you might be able to enable the SHFB extension to see if that gets things working.

Eric

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Actually my problem is trying to use the installed vsix.  I have the same problem either in the experimental instance or "live" studio.  It's the creation of the shfbproject that fails, the rest of the csharp projects are created correctly.  I only mention the experimental instance because it is there where I can debug the process and see at what point it fails.  The problem is that after calling ShouldAddProjectItem for the last shfbproject item, I get the dialog with the message... 

A problem was encountered creating the sub project 'AP.DOC'. The template specified cannot be found. Please check that the full path is correct.

and the wizard never gets to the ProjectFinishedGenerating method or the RunFinished method.  Instead it just starts processing the next project, and completes by creating all projects except the shfbproject.

Thanks for your reply,

Steve