Creating helpfiles for sample project

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Jun 16, 2008 at 1:26 PM
Edited Jun 16, 2008 at 1:31 PM
I am creating a helpfile for the namespaces in the webservice that will be used by the SDK that we will be distributing to our customers.
I have successfull created the comments for the functions in the webservice, but I need to do more:

I created a SampleSDK project that will have examples of using the webservice functions.

Ex:  in the webservice examples I showed how to use the functions

SomeFunction(someParameter)

but in the sampleSDK I want to show how to use a gui to load the objects like this:

private void btnLoadObject_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

webSvcWS.webSvcWS service = new webSvcWS.webSvcWS();

webSvcWS.obj[] Classname = service.Load(header, "someValue");

}

I created a sampleSDK project that only includes example code like i show above for each object and
then referenced that from Sandcastle project but this did not show up in the output.

The sampleSDK will be similar to the project that each user will create to use the functions in the webservice
that our users will be accessing.

does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Coordinator
Jun 16, 2008 at 3:04 PM
The member you posted as an example is private and, by default, private members are not included in the help file.  You need to set the DocumentPrivates option to true in order for them to be included.  Note that this will include lots of other stuff too.  You can use the other properties in the Visibility category and the ApiFilter to get rid of stuff that you don't want to see.

Eric