<code lang="cs"> or <code lang="CS">

Topics: User Forum
Dec 14, 2006 at 2:20 PM
Hello,

First may I thank you for developing such an excellent tool which I have been experimenting with over the last few months.

I have encountered a problem with the lang attribute on the <code> tag. Most of my examples are in C# and use the <code lang="CS"> with the CS being in upper case. The Sandcastle help builder looks for the cs in lower case and as a consequence does not colorize the example code. I do not know what the standard is for this, but the Document !X product - http://www.innovasys.com/products/dx5/overview.asp - uses the upper case version. Is it possible to make Sandcastle Help File builder insenstive to this as it is not obvious what the standard should be.

I have temporarily modified the highlight.xml to match with CS instead of cs, but I suspect other people may encounter the same problem.

Michael.
Coordinator
Dec 14, 2006 at 3:39 PM
XML is case sensitive. Currently the attribute values aren't used in any XPath queries in the components but that could change in the future or may be the case in future components. For consistency, I'm going to keep attribute values case sensitive as well. I'll update the documentation to reflect that. It currently only notes that attribute names are case sensitive.

Eric