Syntax highlighting

Topics: User Forum
Dec 14, 2006 at 3:22 AM
I have installed the latest CTP and builder. However, the syntax highlighting is not working.
I am using HtmlHelp 1.x.

Best regards,
Paul.
Coordinator
Dec 14, 2006 at 3:23 PM
You'll have to be more specific (i.e. provide an example that doesn't work). Be sure to read the information in the help file on how to use the attributes in your code and, if necessary, how to modify the default configuration (it colors code as C# unless otherwise changed). Also note that the tags and values are case-sensitive.

Eric
Dec 18, 2006 at 12:06 AM
I think the "Also note that the tags and values are case-sensitive." is the main issue here.
I have corrected that and had some form of syntax coloring - simply useless (coloring numbers in comments, if/for in comments etc). The actual text is a deep/navy blue making the blue color of the keyword hard to identity.

The case-sensitivity is also going to be a big issue. For instance, NDoc supported "Visual Basic" attribute, going to edit all that in document is simply not a good requirements.

Best regards,
Paul.
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2006 at 1:17 AM
If it's coloring numbers and keywords in the comments then you probably are using a language other than C# and haven't specified a "lang" attribute. The default language is C# ("cs"). If you're code is VB.NET, then, no it won't color it correctly. Add lang="vbnet" to the <code> tag and it will work fine. Please see the Custom Build Components entry in the help file, specifically, the Code Block Component topic. The attributes are described in there.

As I said in my first post, if it isn't working for you, supply an example.

Eric
Dec 18, 2006 at 8:14 AM
Sorry for any inconvenience. It is working now. I do not know what caused the problem, but after cleaning up the solution and building all it works nicely.

Thanks for the support.

Best regards,
Paul.