SHFB Post-Build Step

Topics: User Forum
Jan 27, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I couldn't find anything about this in the documentation, but is it possible to add a custom Post-Build step to an SHFB project?

My intent is to add a final step that packs the MSHC file into a CAB file and then code-signs it.  I can add that step to my production build, but it's cleaner to have it as part of the SHFB project so it can all be done within the SHFB production build.

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I haven't tried adding pre and post build steps to the projects.  I assume that if present, MSBuild will pick them up and use them but I haven't tried it out.  There might be some changes needed to the SHFB targets file first.  You might consider creating a plug-in for SHFB.  That way, you could add the plug-in to the project and configure it from within the IDE without having to mess with the project file itself.

Eric

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Sounds good. I’ll put it on my TODO list and submit it when it’s done.
Don Fehr
Cinnamon Software Inc.
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 3:41 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: SHFB Post-Build Step [SHFB:287655]

I haven't tried adding pre and post build steps to the projects. I assume that if present, MSBuild will pick them up and use them but I haven't tried it out. There might be some changes needed to the SHFB targets file first. You might consider creating a plug-in for SHFB. That way, you could add the plug-in to the project and configure it from within the IDE without having to mess with the project file itself.

Eric

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:43 PM

This one was very helpful to implement a post build step.

http://docproject.codeplex.com/discussions/50754