Platform for Documentation Sources

Topics: User Forum
Oct 25, 2011 at 3:12 PM

I have a project where the x86 assembly and xml are in \Bin, and the x64 files are in \Bin64.  I have added these as doc sources to the SHFB project file, and specified config and release for each file.  The project file looks like this:

<DocumentationSource sourceFile="..\..\..\Bin64\Release\file.dll" configuration="Release" platform="x64" />
<DocumentationSource sourceFile="..\..\..\Bin\Release\file.dll" configuration="Release" platform="x86" />
<DocumentationSource sourceFile="..\..\..\Bin64\Release\file.xml" configuration="Release" platform="x64" />
<DocumentationSource sourceFile="..\..\..\Bin\Release\file.xml" configuration="Release" platform="x86" /></DocumentationSources>

However, when I try to build and specify either x86 or x64 as the platform, all sources are copied and read, not just the ones for the specified platform.  This causes a crash.  I've tried to build from within SHFB and also from the command line:

%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe /p:Configuration=Release;Platform=x64 project.shfbproj

Am I missing something?

Oct 25, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Use the Visual Studio solution or project.  Platform and Configuration only apply to those types of documentation sources.  Individual assembly and XML comments files will always be copied.

Oct 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Ok, thanks for the quick reply.  Much appreciated.