Help2 DockSet in .ini file

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 18, 2011 at 11:31 AM

When I build Help2 the produced ini file contains the following Reg Filter:

[Reg_Filter];<nsName>|<FilterName>|<FilterQueryStr>MyProduct|MyProduct version1|"DocSet"="MyProduct"

In the project, I have removed the DocSet attribute from the MS Help2 Attributes and I have added a custom one, since I wanted to change the DocSet to something else, expecting the the Reg Filter will look like this:

[Reg_Filter];<nsName>|<FilterName>|<FilterQueryStr>MyProduct|MyProduct version1|"NEWPROPERTYNAME"="MyProduct"

Can someone assist me, how to remove the DocSet property and add a custom one?

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2011 at 7:29 PM

The "DocSet" text is hard-coded in the Help2x_H2Reg.ini template.  There is no provision for providing a different name.  You'll need to set the name by editing the resulting .ini file for now.

Eric

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:17 AM

So, one cannot create a help2 build without editing the produced ini file. I have tried with a new project, where I added TOC and one conceptual topic. The properties that I set are the AdditionalCOntent only plug in and I have set the build type to Help2. After the project is built, if you register the produced Help2, when you open it the articles will not be shown.

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Standard Help 2 content should be working okay.  If you modified the INI file to change the "DocSet" keyword, that may have something to do with it.  I don't recall the interaction between the keywords in the INI file and the Help 2 system.  I'd have to go research it again.

Eric