Project Explorer gone

Topics: Developer Forum
Oct 6, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Not entirely sure what has happened here..

I added a couple of topics by way of the ContentLayout tool window.  I inadvertedly typo'd their names.  I went to Visual Studio to rename them because I couldn't figure out how to rename them via the standalone GUI.  I saved the project in Visual Studio and came back to the stand alone GUI.  I got the error message that the Project Explorer window was already initialized.  Then the application crashed.  Now the project explorer window only show very briefly when the application is in the process of loading then vanishes.  Trying the tool bar button or menu item makes no differance.

This is with the latest alpha release downloaded today.

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:19 AM

Hmm.. resovled the issue.  The Dockpanes were totally out of sync.  I deleted the ProjectName.shfbproj_UserName file in the project folder and it was able to reset.  Might want to include a way to do that from the UI

Mar 7, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I had the same problem.  Project Explorer just not there any more.  Could not fix it with uninstall/reinstall.  Thanks to the poster above, I did just delete my <project>.shfbproj_UserName file from the directory and it fixed it. 

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Project Explorer in Sandcastle just does not show up. Thanks a bunch to this post, it got resolved for me. Hope the issue gets fixed soon.