SHFB 1.9.3.0 'Create New Project From Other Format' fails

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 26, 2011 at 7:41 PM

I just downloaded the 1.9.3.0 alpha (nice job on the upgraded installer, btw), and it fails to convert my 1.7.0.0 project file with the following error message:

Unable to convert project. Reason: Error CVT0005:Error reading project from 'xxxx' (last property = ContentPlacement):

The folder cannot match the project's root path

Parameter name: folder

The <ContentPlacement> tag is the last one before </project>. If I delete that tag and try again, I get the same error message except with the last property = the new last tag, so I suspect the problem is not with that specific tag.

Let me know if there's anything I should check for.

Thanks,

-- Jim

Unable to convert project. Reason: Error CVT0005:Error reading project from 'blah' (last property = additionalContent)Unable to convert project. Reason: Error CVT0005:Error reading project from 'blah' (last property = additionalContent):
Coordinator
Sep 26, 2011 at 8:18 PM

More likely than not, it's an additionalContent element that's causing the problem.  It's trying to add a folder to the new project but it's not in the expected location.  If you have any in the project, remove the additionalContent elements and add the content to the new project once it's been converted.

Eric

Sep 27, 2011 at 9:37 PM

That did it; thanks.

-- Jim

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I am trying to convert a large documentation set from DocProject 1.x, and I get similar errors.

First I get:

(last property = Folder (AppData\)):
The folder cannot match the project's root path
Parameter name: folder

I remove

<ItemGroup>
   <Folder Include="App_Data\" />
</ItemGroup>

from the DocProject project file, and convert again.

Then I get errors for each ProjectReference tags. I delete these tags (I am mostly interested in my conceptual content - the projects could easily be added after conversion), and convert again.

Then I get errors on each <None Include="Help\Topics\xxx.aml" /> (one .aml and one .cmp reference for each page of conceptual content - in total 580 file references). Obviously I do not want to remove these references - there would be nothing left to convert... 

Could you give me a hint on what I could change to make the conversion run?

Thanks,

Verner

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Can you send me an example project that I can test the converter with to fix the above noted issues?  Not being a user of DocProject, I only had a few simple test projects to play with when writing the converter and that was quite a while ago.  I plan on releasing the final beta this weekend or early next week so I could get the changes to the converter in that one too before releasing it.  My e-mail address is in the About box in the GUI and in the footer of the pages in the help file.

Eric