missing scrollbar in CHM

Topics: User Forum
May 6, 2008 at 8:14 PM
First of all, thanks for this great tool. It has helped a lot.

Now my question: when I add an HTML page as an Additional Content Item and then generate a CHM file, I cannot get a scrollbar to appear should the content of the page be too long for the CHM window. It seems I can force a scrollbar to appear if I surround my content with a DIV tag and set the overflow style to something like "scroll", but even when I do that, the scrollbar is disabled. Has anyone encountered this problem? Am I doing something wrong in my HTML pages or is there some sort of work-around? Is this an issue with SHFB or Sandcastle? I'm using SHFB v1.6.0.4. Thanks.

Brad
Coordinator
May 7, 2008 at 1:12 AM
If it's a plain HTML page, it's display characteristics are entirely dependent on what you've done in the page. Make sure you set the destination folder on the additional content item to an appropriate location. If it's not in the correct location, it might not be finding a script that it needs. You can also open it up in a browser, resize the window, and see if you can duplicate the behavior. If you've tried to mimic the look of the API topics, it could be that you've missed some script somewhere that is required to set the page layout. You might try converting it to a .topic file so that it is transformed using the supplied XSL transform to get the look of the API topics. See the help file for info on that.

Eric