Sandcastle Help File Builder v1.9.3.2 (Alpha) Now Available

Coordinator
Aug 28, 2011 at 11:03 PM
Edited Aug 28, 2011 at 11:03 PM

The release is available from http://shfb.codeplex.com/releases/view/66113.

The main goal of this release is to introduce the Visual Studio 2010 extension package that integrates the Sandcastle Help File Builder with Visual Studio. With it, projects can be created and managed from within Visual Studio just like any other project type supported by it.  See the v1.9.3.2 release notes for changes made in the release.

This version is an Alpha release. Project management support has been implemented but some of the file editors are currently not implemented. See the Important Information section on the download page for more information. If you have any problems, please report them in the Discussions forum or Issue Tracker here. Please be sure to specify the version number you are using to keep the issues separate from the current production release. Thank you!

Eric

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Hello Eric,

I just wanted to check, if it is possible to build the help content in Visual Studio. Currently, I do not see such an option.

If it is not available yet, could you please let me know, when do you expect it to be released.

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Judging from the other posts, you've probably already found it.  For those that may be looking, you'll find the Visual Studio Package in the 1.9.3.2 or later release.  It's installed in a separate step after the main SHFB tools in the guided installation.  The current release containing it is an alpha release so it's not the default when you go to the download page.  There's a link on the page directing you to it though.  Once installed, you can load and create SHFB projects just as you would any other project.  See the Visual Studio Package help topics in the SHFB help file for more information.

Eric

Sep 17, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Thank you for your response.

I have managed to build a sample documentation project with VS2010 (chm so far but I believe it will work well for the rest of the builds).