BuildAssembler : error caused by obsolete <outputPath> element

Topics: User Forum
Jul 6, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Hello,

I am seeing the following error in the final stage of generating CHM output: 

BUILDASSEMBLER : error : BuildAssembler: An error occured while initializing the build component 'SandcastleBuilder.Components.PostTransformComponent' in the component assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\EWSoftware\Sandcastle Help File Builder\SandcastleBuilder.Components.dll'. The error message and stack trace follows: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The PostTransformComponent configuration contains an obsolete <outputPath> element.  Please edit the configuration to update it with the new <outputPaths> element. [C:\Users\Tim\Development\Mavituna Security\Netsparker\Documentation\Help\Working\BuildReferenceTopics.proj]     at SandcastleBuilder.Components.PostTransformComponent..ctor(BuildAssembler assembler, XPathNavigator configuration)    Last step completed in 00:01:42.2328-------------------------------

SHFB: Error BE0043: Unexpected error detected in last build step.  See output above for details.

I have examined the sandcastle.config file and it indeed contains an <outputPath> element but I am unsure what to do to resolve the problem, as the file is generated automatically.

Any advice please?

Thanks,

Tim

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Edit the ComponentConfigurations project property using the GUI or Visual Studio.  Remove the PostTransformComponent, add it again to get the new default settings, then edit the configuration to add your logo or any other settings you changed.  See the release notes for the versions released since the last version of SHFB that you used that created this project.  They contain information on any breaking changes to the projects that need attention.

Eric