Constructors in Help2 index

Topics: User Forum
Apr 21, 2008 at 2:20 PM
Hi,

I'm using the current SHFB 1.6.0.6 beta (we need the inheritdoc feature, the problem also occurs with 1.6.0.4, though) together with the current sandcastle CTP. Our presentation style is VS 2005. MsHelp2 documentation builds fine, however, I noticed that there is a separate constructor entry in the index. It looks like that:

AbstractEdgeStyle (<- dysfunctional, i.e. no topic found)
constructor (<- dysfunctional, i.e. no topic found)
constructor (<- this is the constructor entry or the overloads page)
AbstractEdgeStyle class
about AbstractEdgeStyle class
all members
methods
properties

All entries below "AbstractEdgeStyle class" work fine, except that the constructors entry seems to be split off... The TOC entries on the content page are fine. Also, the problem occurs both in H2Viewer and in MS Document explorer, so I'm confident it's not an issue with help2 registration.

The problem seems to be related to the VS 2005 presentation style (hana and prototype are fine, however, we don't like these styles...), using the PresentationStyle patches did not help, unfortunately...

Does anyone know if this is a Sandcastle or a SHFB bug, and how to fix it?

TIA

JM
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2008 at 6:58 PM
The Help 2 index is controlled via the Sandcastle transformations. It appears to be outputting an extra ", constructor" in the index keywords which is what is used to create the TOC entries and is the cause of the extra container nodes. Open a work item in the Sandcastle project.

Eric