UserDefinedProperties - Conceptual Content

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 4, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to define user defined properties which will be replaced during documentation compilation. I have seen that there are user defined properties in the SHFB but these properties are not replaced during compilation.

So what I want is the following: Let's say I have a property called MyProgramVersion. In the conceptual content files I'm always using only the property {@MyProgramVersion} and these text parts will be replaced with the current "real" program version.

Is this possible with the current implemtation?

Cheers,

cetama

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Add a token file to the project.  With it, you can define common elements and text that you use throughout the conceptual content.  Tokens can contain plain text or other MAML elements.  In the topics, enter <token>TokenName</token> where "TokenName" is the name of the token to be replaced at build time.  User-defined properties in the project don't necessarily need to be used.  Those are more for passing in replaceable values when building from the command line.  You can use them within token elements using the substitution synax if needed though.  See the Token Files topic for more information.

Eric

Apr 5, 2011 at 5:31 AM

Eric,

thanks for your update, this was exactly I was looking for!

Cheers,
cetama