Web Search for Website Output - Error by opening Index.aspx

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 2, 2008 at 11:58 AM
Hello,

I have a problem with the Website Output and the search functionality:

In another post (http://www.codeplex.com/SHFB/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=23528) EWoodruff wrote, that you have to open the website: Index.aspx. If I do so, the following error occurs:

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Child nodes are not allowed.

Source Error:

Line 4: <compilation debug="false"/>
Line 5: <pages>
Line 6: <namespaces>
Line 7: <add namespace="System"/>
Line 8: <add namespace="System.Collections.Generic"/>

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\web.config Line: 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2407; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2407

How can I use Web Search for the Website output of SHFB? Is there a property I have to set?
Is the issue known?

SHFB version used: 1.6.0.6 BETA

Regards,

Julian H.
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2008 at 3:55 PM
You probably haven't configured the virtual directory correctly. I see the .NET version listed is 1.1.4322.2407 so you probably just need to alter the IIS configuration on the virtual directory to make it a .NET 2.0 website.

Eric
Apr 5, 2008 at 5:03 PM

EWoodruff wrote:
You probably haven't configured the virtual directory correctly. I see the .NET version listed is 1.1.4322.2407 so you probably just need to alter the IIS configuration on the virtual directory to make it a .NET 2.0 website.

Eric

Hi Eric,

thanks! This solved my problem.

I set the ASP.NET Version to 2.x and the start page to Index.aspx.

Regards,

Julian