Error BE0043

Topics: Developer Forum
Feb 24, 2011 at 4:14 AM

I am a newbie with SandCastle Help File builder. I am getting following error while building help file for the project. Can anyone please help me??

Info: CopyFromIndexComponent: Instantiating component.
  Info: CopyFromIndexComponent: Searching for files that match 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\en\*.xml'.
  Info: CopyFromIndexComponent: Searching for files that match 'C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\FSharp\2.0\Runtime\v2.0\*.xml'.
BUILDASSEMBLER : error : BuildAssembler: An error occured while initializing the build component 'Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.CopyFromIndexComponent' in the component assembly 'C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\ProductionTools\BuildComponents.dll'. The error message and stack trace follows: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\FSharp\2.0\Runtime\v2.0'.
     at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
     at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
     at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
     at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
     at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.IndexedDocumentCache.AddDocuments(String wildcardPath)
     at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.IndexedDocumentCache.AddDocuments(String baseDirectory, String wildcardPath, Boolean recurse)
     at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.CopyFromIndexComponent..ctor(BuildAssembler assembler, XPathNavigator configuration)
    Last step completed in 00:00:19.7871
-------------------------------

SHFB: Error BE0043: Unexpected error detected in last build step.  See output above for details.

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2011 at 10:26 PM

I've just uploaded an updated version of the SHFB 1.9.1.0 installer that fixes the issue.  It now checks for the existence of the comments folders before including them in the configuration.

Eric