New build... any timeplan?

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Feb 13, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Especially due to all the issues working with .NET 4.0 lately (MVC3 breks build due to unknown new tags in the msbuild)....

....when can we expect a new build? Any timeplan?

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2011 at 8:15 PM

I plan on releasing a new version within a couple of weeks.  Right now I'm finishing up a guided installation application that will help with installing the various parts that go into making up a working Sandcastle installation (the help compilers, Sandcastle itself, the patch, etc).  That should be done today.  I need to fix one problem with MSBuild 4.0 support in the SHFB build task that I thought I had fixed but is still broken.  Once that's done I should be ready to release.  I plan on issuing a refresh of the 1.9.1.0 version built with .NET 3.5 that contains all of the bug fixes to date and will freeze that version.  It'll be available for anyone that doesn't want to install .NET 4.0 yet to use the new 1.9.2.0 version that contains a few new features to support VS2010 and Silverlight.  That will be the one I maintain going forward since managing the two separate code bases was just too much work.

Eric

Feb 13, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Lets hope you make it this month or start of the next. I think the number of people not able to use SHFB slowly goes up. I have 1-2 projects currently one - one HAS a MVC3 part, the other has  MVC2 part currently on hold which goes back into active development end of March - and then, basically, first thing done is upgrading this to mvc3, breaking it.

Good to freeze the older versions.