SHFB not genetaring the parameters section

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Dec 10, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Hello guys, 
I'm new on SandCastle and I'm trying to generate the HelpSite with the documentation of my C# project.
I had comented my classes with three slashes using <summary>, <param>, <return> and such other tags.
The comments I had putted on the summary section of my Class an its method apears fine on the website help documentation files generated by SHFB.
However the comments I had inserted using the <param> tag on the methods does not apear on my documentation generated by SHFB.

Does anybody know something about it ?

Here are an example o one of my methods:

/// <summary>        
/// Recupera um painel de dados contendo o valor máximo alcançado por cada tag no período especificado.<br/>        
/// </summary>        
/// <param name="id">Coleção de itens(variáveis) que compõem o seu painel de dados</param>      
/// <param name="startDate">Data de início do período a ser consultado</param>        
/// <param name="endDate">Data de fim do período a ser consultado</param>        
/// <returns>Retorna uma coleção de <see cref="TagPanelItemMeasure"/> com seus respectivos valores. </returns>        
[OperationContract]        public List<TagPanelItemMeasure> getMaximumByTag(string id, DateTime startDate, DateTime endDate) 
{

The commentes in bold above does not apear on the Help file generated.

Can anybody help-me to solve it

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 7:09 PM

In SHFB, if you are using the project as the documentation source, make sure you've got the correct configuration selected in the toolbar or the documentation source properties (Debug or Release).  Force a rebuild of your Visual Studio project for the matching configuration and check to make sure the parameter comments are actually in the XML comments file. 

Eric

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Hello EWoodruff,

I'm using the c# project as the source file at the SHFB and at the visual studio I'm building the project as Debug.
In the xml file generated by visual Studio  I can see some methods commented as I did on VS 2008;

Is there any way I can send you my xml file to you try to generate the Help Site an see the problem ?

Dec 14, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Problem solved!

I wasn't selecting any language in the "Syntax Filters" property at the SHFB project so it wasn't generating the Syntax section on the help file.

So after selecting at least one language the parameters comments just appeared.

Thanks for the help EWoodruf