API Insertion Point under Empty Container

Topics: User Forum
Dec 7, 2010 at 6:25 PM

I'd like to have a empty container node on the root called 'API Reference' and then insert the API content as a child of that node.  When I do this I get:

SHFB: Error BE0055: The conceptual topic 'Table of Contents Container' (ID: 2e4f6b77-09a1-44dc-ade6-31ebcb29ff8c) must either specify a topic file or it must contains sub-topics
Am I doing something incorrect?

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Nodes without a topic file and without any children are not valid in a content layout file.  If you want to use it as the container for the API content, associate a topic with the node so that it has some content.

Eric

Dec 7, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Thanks for the response and suggested idea.  I did think of trying that but I had seen other help files without that implementation.

I was able to achieve the desired affect by instead setting the RootNamespaceContainer to True and the RootNamespaceTitle to 'API Reference'.

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:30 PM
I think that since once compiled, the container flagged with API Content: Insert as child of this topic will in fact have children, there is no reason for it to block. An exception in code should be made for this particular situation. Where can we add feature requests?
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM
You can report issues and make feature requests on the Issue Tracker page.

Eric
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 1:53 AM
I took a look into it and it was easy enough to add the condition to allow an empty container node as long as it is the parent to the API content and there are no side effects. It'll be in the next release.

Eric
Feb 27, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Wow! That was quick! Thank you very much! You're the man ;)