Three columns with Enumerations

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Mar 7, 2008 at 4:13 PM
I have the following xml comments in my code.

/// <summary>
/// Available status descriptions in the Abso system for a Background Order
/// </summary>
DataContract
public enum BackgroundCheckStatus
{
/// <summary>
/// The preliminary version of the background check order; the search(s) have been selected but not yet submitted.
/// </summary>
EnumMember
Draft = 0,

/// <summary>
/// The search(s) have been submitted; the results are not yet completed.
/// </summary>
EnumMember
Pending = 5,

}

The sandcastle gerneated help creates a table under the members section and has three columns for the enumeration. The first is empty, the second (Member Name) has the enumeration name, the third (Description) has the summary tag information.

How do I either fill the first column with the enumeration value or remove it completely?
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2008 at 5:56 PM
In the VS2005 style, the first column is used for compact framework and XNA icons which, in the case of most documentation, will almost always be blank. If you don't want it, you can edit the utilities_reference.xsl file in the presentation style's transforms folder to remove the first cell in the table. You could also edit the same transform to replace the icon with the value. Find the comment "<!-- platform icons -->" and replace the <xsl:if> tags with this to select the value:

<xsl:value-of select="value"/>

You can add a work item to the Sandcastle project at http://www.codeplex.com/Sandcastle to add it as a feature request.

Eric

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:26 AM
Thanks for the quick response. Just adding the <xsl:value-of select="value"/> put the values in the the first column automatically. I am in business now.

Also thanks for the great application!!

Troy