Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Nov 8, 2010 at 7:13 AM

Hello,

I have multiple Sandcastle projects with me built at different locations:

The projects contents are described as shown below:

1. Conceptual + Reference (API)

2. Reference(API)

3. Reference(API)

As you see i have three different API topics coming from different software products but belonging to the same domain.

SHFB provides me to have just one API insertion point. But i would like to combine the API topics and categorize them based on the different APIs in the TOC.

If merging is not possible what could be other means by which i can achieve this using SHFB ?

Thanks

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2010 at 3:29 PM

You can use the Version Builder plug-in to combine the other projects into a single compiled help file.  Not that the API topics will be merged into one set.  If your intent is to merge the API topics into separate places in the TOC, you'll probably have to look at some external tool to to that if using Help 1 output.  If using Help 2 or MS Help Viewer, placement properties are available specific to the chosen format.  For website output, you'd have to write a plug-in to merge the TOCs as you want them.  Note that if you use the Version Builder plug-in, there is a bug in the Sandcastle transformation that can cause some issues.  A workaround is posted here: http://sandcastlestyles.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=226453

Eric