Changing Class names

Topics: Developer Forum
Oct 30, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Hi,

my goal is to replace the class names in the help file according to a dictionary. I can't replace the class names in the source code itself because there are whitespaces in the replacements. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thank you.

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2010 at 7:20 PM

You might be able to modify the Sandcastle XSL transformations to render different text for the names.  I'm not sure what else that might affect though (i.e. link text, etc.).  If you goal is to just modify the title of the generated topics, you could probably write a plug-in that post processes the HTML files to replace the <title> element.

Eric

Nov 2, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Thank you, I indeed wrote a component that post processes some stuff before the transformation.  I have modified VS2005.config in the Templates folder of the Help File Builder to integrate the component. Is there a way that this can be avoided, so that not all projects that the builder processes are affected? I hope I haven't missed something obvious.

Thanks again, great tool and ducumentation.

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2010 at 7:16 PM

See the topic on creating a build component configuration file.  That will let you define how the custom component is merged into the configuration file at build time.  Once you place the config file in the appropriate folder, you can select your component and add it to the project via the project's ComponentConfigurations project property.

Eric