how to include a wildcard-based reference path

Topics: User Forum
Oct 28, 2010 at 3:51 PM

All --

Please help.

I would like to know how to include a wildcard-based reference path, if such a thing is possible.

For example, if I use NotePad to open my SHFB project file, "C:\Code\Team\Tapi\Tapi02.shfbproj", I see the following...

<Reference Include="AjaxControlToolkit">
      <HintPath>..\..\SharedReferences\AjaxControlToolkit.dll</HintPath>
    </Reference>

...however, I really need to include everything in that folder so I want to put something like this...

<HintPath>..\..\SharedReferences\*.dll</HintPath>
    </Reference>

....but I do not know if that will work...

...so IS this the way to do it or is there some other way?

Please advise.

Thank you.

-- Mark Kamoski

Oct 28, 2010 at 4:15 PM
Edited Oct 28, 2010 at 7:11 PM

All --

This is a follow-up to my post above.

After testing, it appears that this syntax...

<HintPath>..\..\SharedReferences\*.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>

...does not work, unfortunately.

So, is there another way to acomplish the same thing?

(What I am trying to avoid is having to manually touch the SHFB project file every time someone puts a new reference in our SharedReferences folder.)

(Given that I already have a scheduled BAT script that uses a custom helper to check-in some stuff and then run the SHFB project file, I suppose I could write some code, which can run from a command-line helper, which will programmatically take the SHFB project file before the build, scan the SharedReferences folder, and put the right nodes into the SHFB project file based on the contents of the SharedReferences folder, then save the SHFB project file, then run the SHFB project file. That seems like a kludge and, at the least, it is more work for me and I seek an easier way to do it.)

What do you think?

Please advise.

Thank you.

-- Mark Kamoski