Sandcastle Language Resource Files

Topics: User Forum
Oct 21, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Hi there!

At first I wanna apologize if my discussion is misplaced. Feel free to move or, if neccessary, delete it.
I just couldn't find any better place.

Maybe I'm just dumb, but even after hours of searching I couldn't find the language resource files for Sandcastle as a seperate download.
It's written at several spots that there actually ARE files available for various languages, but where?

Do they come along with the installation of Sandcastle and I just have to reinstall it?

Thanks a lot for your time and consideration!

Peace,

Mr.Orange

Coordinator
Oct 21, 2010 at 7:46 PM

As far as I know, full sets of translated resource files for Sandcastle have never been released by anyone.  SHFB contains translations of its resource files for several languages but they don't cover all of the items, just a small subset used by SHFB.  You'll find the SHFB resource files in %ProgramFiles%\EWSoftware\Sandcastle Help File Builder\SharedContent.  For information on manually translating all of the resource files, see the Localizing Language Resource Files help topic.

Eric

Nov 1, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Hi Eric!

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I've managed to translate the language resource files (de-DE). It's propably not a perfect translation, but a good start and a base for further improvements.
I'd like to make them available for downloading for anyone who might need them. May I send you the files and you create a subcategory in the download section or anything where the files can be stored?

Or if not, do you have any idea where I can make the files available for downloading and people actually find them?

Regards,

Mr. Orange

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2010 at 7:17 PM

You can send them to me.  I'll probably create a "language pack" download on the Sandcastle Styles project since I believe one of the future goals was to make translations available there since they are independent of any front end used with Sandcastle.

Eric