How to change the structure of result files

Sep 25, 2010 at 1:37 AM

How to change the structure of result files? For example,  to generate "see also" first then "member"

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2010 at 7:24 PM

To change the order of the sections, you'll need to alter the Sandcastle transformation files found in %ProgramFiles%\Sandcastle\Presentation\VS2005\transforms.  In the body template, you'd need to move the call to the seealso template to a location higher up so that it appears before the member info.

Eric

Sep 29, 2010 at 1:16 AM
Edited Sep 29, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Which files in %ProgramFiles%\Sandcastle\Presentation\VS2005\transforms, all? I want to change the order of property table and method table in member list table.Thanks!

How to use "note" tag? I used it like "/// <note type="caution">caution here</note>", but it did not work.

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2010 at 2:25 AM

You'll have to track down where it renders the sections you are interested in.  You'll need a fairly decent understanding of XSL too.  Start with main_sandcastle.xsl and go from there.  Many of the templates are spread across the other transformation files.  Sorry I can't be more specific than that.  Regarding the note tag, it's an inline tag so it must appear nested within another tag such as a summary, remarks, or value tag.  See the XML Comments Guide for usage information.

Eric