Additional content with TOPIC files folder not updating in SHFB

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 25, 2008 at 1:32 PM
Hi,

Using SHFB 1.6.0.4, I configured the project with additional contents by using a folder content item (with a *.topic source path).

Initialy this went fine with the TOPIC files already in the folder. Then, later on, I started adding new TOPIC files to the folder.

Now whatever I do, the generated help file does not get the new topics... Moreover, the sitemap and the table of contents preview does not show the new topics...

Is there something else I must do to have SHFB recognize the new topics?
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2008 at 2:57 PM
Edited Feb 25, 2008 at 2:57 PM
If they are in sub-folders, change the additional content entry to "*.*". It won't recurse sub-folder if a more specific wildcard is used.

Eric
Feb 25, 2008 at 3:51 PM
Thanks for replying,

Here's my layout:

SourcePath = .\Content\ClassDiagrams\*.topic
DestinationPath = .\ClassDiagrams

Topic files are in .\Content\ClassDiagrams and there are no subfolders...
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2008 at 6:15 PM
I missed the part about the sitemap in the original post. If a sitemap is in use, it determines the layout of the table of content and what appears in it. It is copying the new files but since you haven't added them to the sitemap file yet, they won't appear in the table of content.

Eric
Feb 25, 2008 at 8:09 PM
Ok,

I manually edited the sitemap. Is there a way to do the same thing but with the GUI?

If not, then may I suggest a feature to do so?

Thank you
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2008 at 10:59 PM
Use the Additional Content editor. There's a button to the left of the Preview button that lets you edit the sitemap file.

Eric