installation guide for SHFB with .NET 4

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Sep 4, 2010 at 6:00 AM

Hi all,

I have always thought that installing open source project is to hard. When I installed sandcastle and SHFB it took me four hours from start to it was up and running. So I wrote a short cut for getting sandcastle and SHFB work togheter for .NET 4

I will send a link to the blogg post, if it contains any error please contact me.

http://blog.jayway.com/2010/08/28/get-your-sandcastle-up-and-running-within-15-minutes/

Coordinator
Sep 4, 2010 at 8:53 PM

The same instructions for installing SHFB are included with it and are also linked to from the Documentation tab here.  The modification to MRefBuilder.exe.config isn't necessary as the latest release of Sandcastle comes with a copy that lets it work with .NET 4.0 by default.  If you had problems with the MRefBuilder.exe.config it was probably because there was a version from the older Sandcastle Styles patch that didn't get overwritten.  Somebody else had the issue in a thread the other day which was the first I'd heard about it.  The patch for the latest Sandcastle release doesn't include the MRefBuilder.exe.config file.

Eric