Post-Transform Components for Logo: How to make relative Path

Aug 11, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Hi Build Experts,

I am using SHFB Verison 1910 with a Post-Transform Components to add a logo to the documentation.

I have following folder structure:

• C:\TFS\Applicationname
    • Doc
      • SHFB Configuration File
      • Images
        • LogoFile.gif

In the Post Transform Components I could only enter the full paht

C:\TFS\STF02\Applicationname\Doc\Imanges\Logofile.gif

How could I set a realtive path

.\Images\Logofile.gif does not work (See message below)

I could find a replacement tag for this job, What must I set?

Many thanks in advance

John

BUILDASSEMBLER : error : BuildAssembler: An error occured while initializing the build component 'SandcastleBuilder.Components.PostTransformComponent' in the component assembly 'C:\Programme\EWSoftware\Sandcastle Help File Builder\SandcastleBuilder.Components.dll'.

The error message and stack trace follows: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The logo file '.\images\LogoFile.gif' must exist

bei SandcastleBuilder.Components.PostTransformComponent..ctor(BuildAssembler assembler, XPathNavigator configuration)

Last step completed in 00:00:14.1870

Aug 11, 2010 at 7:34 AM

Instead of

C:\TFS\STF02\Applicationname\Doc\Imanges\Logofile.gif

I mean

C:\TFS\Applicationname\Doc\Imanges\Logofile.gif

So the absolut path is correct and the build process works for me.

But how to make it relative?

Many thanks

Coordinator
Aug 11, 2010 at 3:10 PM

For build components, relative paths are relative to the working folder at build time (the .\Working folder under the path specified in the OutputPath project property).  If you want to reference files based on the project folder without trying to figure out the relative path from the working folder, you can use the {@ProjectFolder} replacement tag (i.e. {@ProjectFolder}Images\LogoFile.gif).

Eric