Exception on Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.Reflection

Topics: User Forum
Nov 7, 2006 at 12:38 PM
Hi all,

I get an exception in the beginning of creating the helpfile.
Any suggestions?

Sandcastle Help File Builder GUI, version
Creating output and working folders...
Clearing working folder...
Finding tools...
Found Sandcastle in 'C:\Program Files\Visual Studio 2005 SDK\2006.11\VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\Sandcastle\'
Found HTML 1.x help compiler in 'C:\Program Files\HTML Help Workshop\'
Validating documentation assembly information...
Creating Sandcastle configuration file...
Generating shared content files (en-US)...
Generating reflection information...

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.Reflection, Version=2.0.2447.15534, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.
File name: 'Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.Reflection, Version=2.0.2447.15534, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.MRefBuilder.Main(String[] args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog.

BUILD FAILED: Unexpected error in last build step. See output above for details.
Nov 7, 2006 at 3:04 PM
The name of the missing assembly doesn't look familiar. I see this is part of the SDK install. Perhaps the version of Sandcastle in that is different. Try downloading and installing the October 7th CTP from the link given in the Links to Resources topic in the help file. I'll try the version in the SDK to see if it is different.

Nov 7, 2006 at 4:03 PM
The version of Sandcastle included with the November SDK does appear to be broken. It's missing the named assembly. The October CTP has the code linked into MRefBuilder so it will work if you download and install it.