Trying to add additional content like an HTML page

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Aug 9, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to add an html page to my sand castle help file project.

I'm using Visual Studio 2010 on a Windows 7 x64 laptop.

I'm using SandCastle V1.9.1.0 with the last SandCastle version.

At the beginng, my project only include xml documentation source, everything works fine.

Now, i'm trying to add additional content such as html page. 

The html page contains only this : 

<html><head>    <title>Architecture</title></head>
<body>Pr&#233;sentation de l'architecture</body>
</html>

I've included a sitemap too which contains only one topic : 

SourceFile : Content\Architecture.htm
Title : Architecture

I'm trying to generate an HTML Help 1 (..chm) file, and each time i'm receiving the message :

SHFB: Error BE0065: BUILD FAILED: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.

Could someone help me to solve this problem ?

I've already a lot of times on it without any solution in mind, the html is reduce to the max so i cannot identify where the problem come from.

Thanks by advance for any answers...

Yannick

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM

There's an issue with the old HTML/sitemap support that I haven't been able to duplicate yet.  The sitemap and HTML file support for additional content has been deprecated so it isn't something I test very much anymore (the new MS Help Viewer output format doesn't support it at all). If you can e-mail me an example that duplicates the issue I'll look into it. If you can, convert the HTML files to MAML and use a content layout file as that will work and is the preferred method of adding non-API topics to the help file. You can use the HTML to MAML converter found at the Sandcastle Styles site (http://SandcastleStyles.CodePlex.com).

Eric